The information we collect:
Komatsu Forklift Australia Pty Ltd may collect certain personal information.
- Email address
- Telephone & Fax numbers
- Occupation or Title
- Areas of interest in your/our products or services
- Other information that may be collected when you visit our website to read or download information. This may include your server address, domain name, date and time you visited the site, pages viewed and the information downloaded.
Using and disclosing your personal information
Any personal information you give us, we use solely for our business purposes, which may include:
- establishing your account with us;
- fulfilling our obligations under any contract with us;
- providing you with information about our products, services and special offers; and
- developing our products to better suit your needs and preferences.
We will not use or disclose any personal information for any other purpose without your consent, except in very limited circumstances such as:
- where disclosure is required by law; or
- where you are in default of your account with us, in which case we may disclose your personal information to a collection agency for the purposes of recovering the debt.
- there is reason to suspect that unlawful activity has, or may be, engaged in and Komatsu Forklift Australia Pty Ltd uses or discloses the personal information as a necessary part of its investigation of the matter or in reporting its concerns to relevant persons or authorities
Sensitive information will not be collected about an individual without consent from that person to do so. Where that person is aware that information will be collected in the course of discussing or providing services to you, Komatsu Forklift Australia will not disclose that information without your consent.
Where reasonable and practical to do so, Komatsu Forklift Australia Pty Ltd will collect personal information about an individual only from that individual.
Use of Aggregate Data
We may collect certain non-personal information to optimise our goods and services including our Web pages for your computer (e.g., the identity of your Internet browser, the type of operating system you use, your IP address and the domain name of your Internet service provider). We may use such non-personal information for internal purposes, including but not limited to improving the content of our sites.
Komatsu Forklift Australia Pty Ltd may use personally identifiable information in aggregate form to improve our goods and services including our website to make it more responsive to the needs of our customers and potential customers. This statistical compilation and analysis of information may also be used by Komatsu Forklift Australia Pty Ltd or provided to others to assist us with improving our products and services, including our website.
Sending you promotional material.
We may use your personal details to offer you information and invitations related to our company, our products or our services. We may do this by various means, including by direct mail, email, SMS, and other electronic means. From our current relationship with you, we believe we have your implied consent to do so unless you have told us that you do not wish to receive them. However you can notify us at any time if you do not wish us to use your details to supply such information or offers. We will act promptly on your request which you can make by contacting us on www.komatsuforklift.com.au or by telephoning the Company Secretary on 02 8801 2100 or by visiting any of our offices.
Komatsu Forklift Australia Pty Ltd will take reasonable steps to protect the information it holds from misuse and loss from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Transmission of data over the internet cannot be guaranteed as totally secure. As a result Komatsu Forklift Australia Pty Ltd is unable to guarantee the security of any information transmitted to it over the internet.