HEALTH & SAFETY POLICY STATEMENT
The health, safety and welfare of all employees, subcontractors and the public is of the utmost importance to Komatsu Forklift Australia and we are committed to the prevention of injury and illness through the provision of a safe and healthy working environment.
It is the policy of Komatsu Forklift Australia to provide our customers with the highest standards of service. This can only be achieved through the total commitment of all of us, together with our subcontractors, to quality, efficiency and safe working practices.
We understand and accept the provisions of each State and Territory Workers’ Compensation and Occupational Health & Safety Acts, including those requirements in relation to occupational rehabilitation. We will comply with the Occupational Health and Safety requirements and procedures of our customers whose premises we visit.
It is the responsibility of every employee to be mindful of the safe working practises of their co-workers and themselves. Every employee has an obligation to identify and report any unsafe practice either in the work processes or by an individual in the conduct of their work.
It is only through constant diligence and monitoring of work processes, the correct use of machinery, equipment and the selection, training and direction of people, can accidents be prevented. Employees and management have a joint responsibility in providing a safe and healthy working environment.
ENVIRONMENTAL POLICY STATEMENT
Komatsu Forklift Australia is committed to providing for its employees, and the wider community a level of environmental awareness, management and control that is in line with community expectations and standards.
It is our aim to comply with all relevant environmental legislation by ensuring sound environmental management, our employees are aware of their responsibilities and we are model corporate citizens.
Our commitment to environmental safety will be demonstrated by:
- Integration of environmental requirements within all aspects of Komatsu Forklift Australia’s operations.
- Identify, assess and monitor each workplace in terms of environmental requirements.
- Establish, document and maintain procedures for the management of environmental safeguards within the workplace.
- Provide and disseminate current environmental information where appropriate.
- Report environmental incidents and respond immediately and effectively to such incidents.
- Provide, where necessary, appropriate personal protective equipment.
Our environment responsibilities and objectives can only be achieved by the full participation of all individuals at all levels within the organisation.